Under direct supervision of the warehouse supervisor; responsible for shipping, receiving and inventory control. Receives, stores, and issues materials, equipment, and other items from warehouse.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers raw materials to production, as well as finished goods from production to warehouse
- Loads and unloads freight and stock materials; rotates material on a first in, first out procedure
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments against bills of lading
- Prepares orders for shipment by pulling merchandise, palletizing, marking stretch wrapping and loading
- Unpacks and examines incoming products and records shortages in logbook
- Helps with daily and monthly inventory and cycle counts as assigned by warehouse supervisor
- Pulls and fills planned and unplanned inventory to complete urgent orders as customer needs arise
- Labels pallets before going to production; maintains pallet yard in an orderly fashion, cleans warehouse space
- Refuels equipment; performs light housekeeping duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
Work with minimal supervision and does not supervise other employees.