With the start of Hurricane season, and our location being in the beautiful coastal city of Corpus Christi, Hurricane safety is on our minds. We produce and ship on average 65,000 sand bags a year to 16 customers and 47 locations throughout the country. We also work diligently when storms near landfall to provide the needed sand bags to those locations- even when the items need to be over-nighted for emergency situations. This season that spans June through November is also our hottest season in both locations and throughout the country. Which is why our Sand bags are UV 1600- 1,600 hours of direct sunlight protection for the strength of the sand bags, after which it retains 70% of its strength.
How to Use
Sandbags have long been the most common method to get some protection from High Waters.
- The best use of sandbags is to protect and anchor plastic sheeting on the door. Sandbags alone will not keep all water out.
- First place the plastic against the door and on the ground in front of the door. Extend the plastic beyond the edges of the doorway. You can use duct tape to help keep it attached to the door and wall.
- Pile sandbags against the door and over the plastic on the ground, extending the bags slightly beyond both sides of the doorway.
- Put the next row of bags on top with the center of the bags over the gap in the first row similar to the way bricks overlap.
- Place the third row in line with the bottom row. This will give you some protection for about a foot of water.
If you want to go higher, you’ll need a base two bags wide to go up one more row and a base of three bags to stack them four high.
Sandbags weigh 30 to 45 pounds, and you need to wear gloves when handling them because the rough bag material can be hard on your hands. Once the storm is past, you have to dispose of the sand and bags.
How to Purchase:
Our 1StoreSolutions.com website is formatted to be able to accommodate our commercial, corporate, government, and private customers. This means that we work with every customer to make sure that their requirements, regulations and specifications are met for product buying and account management.
What this means to our community of individual consumers is that your account is personally set up by our customer service team, in order to provide you with the best service available. Please use the link below to create your account, a customer service rep will handle your set up and you will receive an email when your account is ready for you to shop.
What can you buy from us? EVERYTHING*
*other than Weapons, Fuel & Ammunition.
Buy now at 1storesolutions.com