This position requires great communication skills keeping employees within the work area engaged during operation of a variety of machines including but not limited to Unwinders, Re-Winders, Tail Sealer Log Saw Core Machines and Wrapper.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- (Converting, Core & Wrapper) Must be on time as per assigned shift and scheduled hours.
- Must be able to assist in maintaining operation of Converting Line Machines and Core Maker or Wrapper
- (Converting, Core & Wrapper) Must be able to run assigned machine for daily operations
- (Converting, Core & Wrapper) Must be able to perform inspections of machine and moving parts per Inspection Check List
- (Converting) Must be able to check glue levels at all required stations and fill as needed.
- (Converting) Must be able to assist with make ready of parent rolls and changes.
- (Converting, Core & Wrapper) Must be able to physically and safely startup equipment for operation.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess basic math and reading skills
10. (Converting & Wrapper) Must be able to provide written detailed documentation of product specification reports
11. (Converting & Wrapper) Meet the daily team goals based upon information provided by the Lead Operator.
12. (Converting, Core & Wrapper) Ensures all products meet the STLB quality standards through visual checks and report any concerns to QC personnel.
13. (Converting, Core & Wrapper) Ensures all of the necessary information is communicated to other team members as needed per occurrence, per work station and within department, including Maintenance Support.
Ex. Converting/ Log Saw/Wrapper etc.
14. (Converting, Core & Wrapper) Participates in training meetings as needed for safety, quality, or other needs
15. (Converting, Core & Wrapper) Must be able to clear out Paper Breaks, Rolls or Jams, Reset equipment and make needed adjustments required to fix fault codes for continued operation
16. (Log Saw) Must be able to make adjustment to cookies at the Log Saw as needed following written instructions posted at work site.
17. Must keep a clean and organized work area at all times, (Converting)empty out trash buggies into compactor, bale scrap paper and stage paper bales for recycling program. (Wrapper) Sort, Clean and use product that can be placed back onto conveyor for wrapping, separate all rolls that do not conform and package for donation or in-house use. Clean all other areas and keep floor clear of trash and rolls of paper, wrap etc.
18. Must be able to pre stage and prep parent rolls for production
- Must be able to assist loading of parent rolls into re-winder machines
- Must be able to operate a forklift with clamp
- Must be able to periodically stack finished product cases on to pallets for warehouse inventory
- Coordinates with shift personnel to insure all materials required to produce the product are pre staged to insure constant flow of goods
- Cut-Off Scrap or waste of paper that cannot be used due to damage, dirty, slits, breaks or gashes etc.
- Maintains daily production/scrap rate and completion of forms
needed adjustments required to fix fault codes for continued operation
25.Weighs scrap paper and cookies, record weight onto report, bale as needed and dispose properly
26.Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Basic math skills and ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Must be able to operate a variety of material handling equipment specific to department including forklift and pallet jack.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Ability to move (push/pull) material weighing up to 150 lbs. with the aid of a roll-jack
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work on feet all day for the entire shift
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.