Under the supervision of the Vice President of Human Resources, the Office Clerk is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource and development functions and duties.
PRINICIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to multiple departments support including filing, copying, and phone support; prepares mass mailings, taking employees to clinic for on the job injuries and etc.
- Compile and update employee records (compliance reports and etc.) and personnel files including employee files, training, benefits, etc.
- Processes personnel transactions including status changes (pay, promotions, title changes, etc.), deductions, etc.
- Assists with various employee functions as requested including the employee birthday club, training, etc.
- Assisting with recruitment, prepares job postings, and receives employment applications
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Accompanying the Director of Development and events to both internal and external events from start to finish
- Reconciles and tracks monetary contributions that have not been paid
- Cultivates relations with media entities, potential donors, and solicits donations from new donors
- Assists with management of social media (STLB website, Twitter, Facebook; U-Tube, etc.)
- Participates in PR events off site (Rubber Duck Round-Up, Birdies for the Blind, Health Fairs)
- Performs various projects and job duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree(preferred) major in Business Administration or equivalent preferred
- One year clerical work experience
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Current state driver’s license and proof of insurability
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.