Provide team leadership for staff while maintaining the highest level of store standards. Develop and maintain employee morale, training, organization of daily assignments and leading by example.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets and assists customers in product selection.
- Manage merchandise shelves to ensure proper product facing, shelves are full and stocked; proper labels are present and price changes are updated and current as required.
- Performs light cleaning duties (sweeping, dusting, etc.) required to maintain clean racks, counters and customer service area.
- Assists with inventory control including inventory counts, etc.
- Assist Shipping & Receiving Department by stocking, labeling and packing merchandise.
- Setup product shelving and displays as designed by management.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing store goals and objectives.
- Must be flexible in schedule to meet customer demands.
- Process customer sales to include special orders and backorder requirements into the POS system.
- Process and manage purchase orders to replenish stock and backorders.
- Provide daily oversight, training and direction to staff
- Ensure company/store policies and procedures are communicated in a timely manner and adhered to accordingly.
- Assumes responsibility for store operations when manager is absent.
- Address concerns with employees as needed and follow up with managers.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Supervisor Responsibilities: No
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Have basic product knowledge and understand basic principles of cross and up selling techniques.
- Trainable in the Point of Sale (POS) and purchasing system.
- Understand basic shelf label/stocking principals and Plan-O-Gram implementation.
- At least 2 years of retail experience is required.
Work environment: The work environment characteristics desciped here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Light to moderate noise levels
2. Moderate to low light levels
3. Dust in Warehouse
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Adaptive equipment is available where practical.
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, co