Under the direct supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor who performs a variety of accounting and administrative duties as assigned accounts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains internal accounting control procedures
- Prepares expenses, invoices and other accounting documents for assigned accounts.
- Processes purchase orders, check requests with designated paperwork to ensure contract requirements are met.
- Verifies various reports on assigned accounts to include government and private agencies for accuracy and completeness.
- Processes and holds invoices for department approval.
- Complies supporting paperwork for check run (weekly and irregular); verifies postings, reconciles and maintains general ledger, sub-ledger and journal entries for assigned accounts.
- Codes, verifies and input itemized charges and total costs for paperwork for assigned accounts.
- Verifies posts and maintains balances, debits and credits
- Corrects discrepancies in accounting transactions
10. Corresponds with vendors and retail outlets
11. Performs other duties as assigned
Works with minimal supervision and does not supervise other employees.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- At least 1-2 years experience working in accounting/finance, including experience with debits and credits, analyzing and reconciling all assigned accounts into the general ledger and sub-ledger
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- Must be proficient using MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Must have excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Lift up to (10) pounds
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.