Responsible for activities related to planning supplies, materials, and equipment from an internal standpoint. May include contracting, negotiating, schedule management and coordinating technical interface. Act as a focal point in dealing with other functions and partners. Receive and record new stock as it comes in, and move stock onto trucks or store shelves as needed. Create schedules, monitor stock levels at the ware house and know when to replenish stock. Focused on time, making sure every item of stock gets to its destination on time, and that there are no shortages on shelves. (not part of referral program)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data entry
- Receiving of goods.
- Office task such as typing, keyboarding & filing.
- Receipt of incoming purchase orders/transfers.
- Creating bills of lading and other shipping documents.
- Creating ship to labels, product labels, and other warehouse documents.
- Oversee inventory and supply chain management according to company guidelines
- Perform critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct amount of items are in stock
10.Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including
transfers and cycle counts
11.Review documentation and monitor product codes to search for
discrepancies; troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between stock
- Develop and implement improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operations costs
- Respond to sales inquiries and purchase orders; collect and analyze data to determine appropriate order quantities; process orders for shipment
- Review operations schedules and production requirements to ensure timely order fulfillment
- Track rates of accuracy, purchase and return as well as defective items to inform quality control decisions
- Prepare, generate, and file financial inventory reports; review reports monthly with management
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide customer service as needed
- Performs other job duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform office functions
- Do EXCEL spreadsheets.
- Create bills of lading.
- Process shipping orders.
- Receive purchase and transfers orders into system.
- Attention to detail.
- Telephone skills and coordination of activities with the warehouse and other departments.
- Working knowledge of functional responsibilities for business areas throughout operations across assigned site
Work with minimal supervision and does not supervise other employees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MATERIALS, TOOLS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a considerable to moderate amount of time include typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), walking, standing, sitting
- Considerable time spent completing repetitive motion tasks, filing, multi-task telephone usage
- Occasional amount of time requiring accommodation, field of vision, finger dexterity, grasping, fine motor skills, hearing and near acuity, or working with the back, neck, or wrists
- Considerable to moderate use of general office supplies (e.g., paper, correction fluid, markers, toner, etc.)
- Considerable to moderate use of keyboard equipment (e.g., adding machines, calculators, computer keyboards and terminals, and typewriters) and office equipment (e.g., fax machine, photocopier), ear protection, and eye protection
- Continual amount of work performed in a general office environment
- Continual exposure to fluorescent lights
- Occasional exposure to hot weather, cold weather, humid weather, non-weather-related hot temperatures, general shop conditions, and wet and/or humid elements, wet weather and non-weather-related cold temperatures
- Occasional amount of time working in general shop conditions
- Rare exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals; proximity to moving, mechanical parts
- Considerable exposure to very quiet and quiet noise intensity levels
- Moderate exposure to noise intensity levels
- Occasional exposure to loud and very loud noise intensity levels
- May be required to attend meetings before/after scheduled hours
10. Overtime may be required
11. Overnight travel may be required