Responsible for the timely, efficient movement of material ensuring the stated material is readily available by the end-user in order that the manufacturing process continues without interruption; performs a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment related to the timely, efficient movement, delivery, packing and transport of materials and finished goods.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Activities and duties will vary depending upon functional areas assigned; activities may include but are not limited to:
- Reviews production schedule to determine movement of material to work stations
- Delivers material to work stations/department in the most timely, efficient manner possible
- Ensures that machine operators and product lines have necessary materials readily available at/for point of use with no equipment downtime (waiting for material)
- Reviews min/max levels and kanbans daily; pulls Kanban cards or visual cues for material replenishment
- Picks materials from storage and/or staging area and moves to the loading or production area
- Moves materials to and from storage, staging and/or production areas and/or within departments
- Packs and/or wraps material, boxes, pallets, etc. and stages for transport to shipping department
- Loads material in or onto equipment; assists operator if machine becomes jammed or needs minor adjustments
- Maintains a clean and orderly workplace
10.Performs other job duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum six months working in warehouse, shipping or manufacturing preferred
- Basic math skills and ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Must be able to operate a variety of material handling equipment specific to department including pallet jack, fork lift, etc.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Ability to move (push/pull) material weighing up to 150 lbs. with the aid of a roll-jack
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work on feet all day for the entire shift
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic