Process customer sales transactions, assist customers with product location, straighten, face and dust item shelves. Manage merchandise shelf labels. Setup product displays and Plan-o-grams.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage merchandise shelves to ensure proper product facing, shelves are full and stocked; proper labels are present and price changes are updated and current as required.
- Setup product shelving and displays as designed by management.
- Process customer sales transactions to include special orders and backorder requirements into Point of Sale System.
- Assist customers with locating merchandise within the store and assist customers with product selections.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing store goals and objective
- Any other duties as assigned by store manager
- Must be flexible in schedule to meet customer demands.
Supervisor Responsibilities: No
- Must be energetic and have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Have basic product knowledge and help customers make selections, understand basic principles of cross selling and up selling techniques.
- Trainable in the point of Sale (POS) system.
- Understand basic shelf label/stocking principals and Plan-o- gram implementation.
- At least 2 years of retail experience is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping and kneeling
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Light to moderate noise levels
- Moderate to low light levels
- Dust in warehouse
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Adaptive equipment is available where practical.
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.